Starting down the Gluten free (GF) path
When my nutritionist told me I had to go gluten free, I genuinely wanted to cry.
I thought that my baking and days of eating out were over, I love all things full of gluten goodness from pizza, pasta, bread as well as cakey things and I felt like it would have to cut out everything I loved out of my diet.
Luckily this was not the case, three things really helped me get on the right path.
- I became a member of Coeliac UK (Link), you don’t have to be a coeliac to join. This costs around £10-20 to become a member depending on income levels. But with that you get sent a comprehensive food & eating out directory, as well as now an app which you can use to scan items in shops to check if they are gluten safe.
- Doves Farm GF flour blends helped keep my baking alive
- Juvela – This is a company that make GF products available for perception for coeliacs (unfortunately I am not eligible for the perception) however if you join Juvela you receive a sample pack of there products for absolutely FREE (Link). I will review the products individually but it contains so many products, it made me realise that I could eat tasty bread. The pack includes:
- One white & One Fiber fresh bread get sent through first as a welcome. This is then followed by a box full of:
- 2 boxes of flour mix (One white & One fibre)
- 2 Large Pizza Bases
- 2 Loaves of part baked sliced bread (One white & One fibre)
- 4 part baked rolls
- Pack of Fusilli (Spirl Pasta)
- Pack of Crackers
- Pack of Bran Flakes