These fairy cakes are AMAZING if I do say so myself, so simple and from start to finish it took around 45 mins (10m prep, 10m cooking, 15 cooling& decorating). I made these for a friends birthday and no one even realised they were GF until I said afterwards.
- 150g (2/3 cup) Margirine
- 150g (3/4 cup) Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150g (1 Cup) GF Self Raising Flour (I use Doves)
- 1 tsp GF Baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk (use a bit more milk if making chocolate version)
- 1/2 cup GF coco powder (Optional)
- 50g (1/3 cup) Margarine
- 1 cup coco powder
- 100g (1 cup) icing sugar
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- Splash of almond milk to get right consistency
- Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Mix sugar & Marg to get a nice fluffy consistency
- Mix in the egg & vanilla
- Fold in the flour, baking powder & coco powder
- Stir in the milk until you get a thick liquid consistency
- Spoon around a tbs into fairy cake cases (should make around 15)
- Pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven. You will know they are done when they feel nice and spongy a if you poke with a skewer (or fork) and it comes out clear.
Whilst the cakes cool start on the icing:
- Mix Marg, icing sugar, syrup & coco powder – this will create an almost dough texture.
- Then slowly splash by splash and the milk to until you get a very very thick liquid ( so hard peaks form)
- Once the cakes are cool to touch, use a small spatula to coat the top of the cakes with the icing.