So tonight for tea after a fairly busy weekend, I wanted something easy and nutritious for tea. Like most of my meals I kind of made it up as I went along but I was so please with result I thought I would share it and save it on here so I actually remember for future reference.
Ingredients (2 people)
- 1-2 Sweet Potatoes (depending on the size)
- 2 Chicken Breast- I used a small packet of mini fillets
- 40g Rocket
- 40g Baby Spinach
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Handful of fresh Basil
- Splash of good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Thai Seven Spice (Link– Although any other types of spices would be nice)
- Turn oven on to 180c
- Peal sweet potatoes and cut into chips
- Take a baking tray an grind plenty of black pepper and a bit of the salt then add a splash of the oil
- Tip the SP chips into the pan and with your hands make sure all of the chips are covered in oil and salt and pepper, you will be surprised at how far the oil will go if you do it this way.
- Then put in the oven for 35 minutes and go put your feet up and watch an episode of something.
- After you are suitably chilled out/ the 35mins has passed go back to the kitchen, if the chips look done turn the heat right down if not leave whilst you cook the rest of the meal.
- Next chop up the bell pepper, onion and fresh basil and place in a non stick griddle pan to soften.
- Take the chicken and cut into strips (no need to do this if you have purchased mini fillets) and coat generously with spices, as this not only given them flavor but is what will make them crispy.
- Then move the now slightly softened veggies to one side of the pan and place the chick strips on the other half of the pan
- Keep turning both the chicken and veg until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Then once done- dish up all the items cooked with washed rocket and spinach and enjoy 🙂