For those of you like me until recently knew nothing about Quinoa, it is an amazing naturally GF product which has high levels of protein, calcium, iron and B vitamins as well as being super filling so brilliant all round.
Ingredients (Serves 3):
- 6 Tbsp Good quality olive oil
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Large bell pepper
- 1/2 a Courgette
- 9-12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 200g Quinoa
- 500ml GF Vegetable stock
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- Zest & Juice of a lemon
- Large Pinch of Sugar
- 250g Halloumi
- Pre heat oven 190°C
- Chop: onion, pepper and corvette (thick or thinly according to personal preference) and pop in a roasting dish with the tomatoes. Using a garlic press add the garlic and then using half of the oil to coat all the veg before popping in the oven for about 20-30mins.
- Mix: lemon zest, juice, 1/2 of the parsley, sugar and a pinch of salt to make the sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a medium saucepan, add the quinoa for 2-3 mins before adding the stock and simmer for 15mins (or until soft). Add the remaining half of the parsley, and pop under the grill to keep warm.
- Slice up the Halloumi and griddle or grill.
- Take the veg out of the oven and mix in with the quinoa. Plate up and serve with the halloumi and drizzle with the sauce.