This is a simple and delicious recipe, that I adapted to make GF from the Hairy Bikers Diet cook book. Not only is this recipe GF it is also less than 300 calories per portion.
Ingredients (4 People)
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- Lemon wedges
- 2 Cups of spinach
- 100g Quinoa
- 100g Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 small bell pepper chopped into small chunks
- Garlic Clove Crushed
- 1/2 Lemon- Zest & Juice
- Ground black pepper
- Make salad- cook the quinoa (How to cook Quinoa- Link)
- Tip the cooked quinoa into a large serving bowl and add the tomatoes, pepper, garlic, lemon zest and juice.
- Season and toss the salad with freshly ground black pepper.
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin, until they are 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Brush a griddle or frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat until hot- griddle the chick breasts for 2 minutes per side.
- Brush one side of the chicken breasts with 1/2 the harissa, then cook for a minute whilst brushing the other side of the chicken with the other 1/2 of the harissa. Flip over each minute until the chicken is cooked all the way through (when there is no pinkness remaining).
- Transfer the chicken to a board and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
- In the hot pan, whit the spinach by lightly sprinkling water over the spinach.
- Combine the spinach with the salad and chicken – Enjoy 🙂