In my a previous post I talked about the inspirational speech that Martine Wright gave, she lost both her legs in the 7/7 bombings but was determined to bring good from the bad (Link), one thing that I wanted to delve into a bit more was her concept of ‘Team Me’ the group of people who help you in your recovery process.
The concept of Team Me really made me think, and I ended up mentally listing of all those who are so vital to my current recovery process, after all no man is an island after all (well woman in this case). I thought I would take the time to write out and share, as a small token of my gratitude.
My Team Me
- First and for most my wonderful partner who is so supportive and puts up with a lot without complaining
- My parents and sister
- My manager and HR contact at work who have gone above and beyond making my transition back into work achievable (Link)
- The worlds best GP who diagnosed my CFS/ME within 2-3 months of me having symptoms and has now referred me to get checked out for Fibro as well after mentioning my pain to her, I have never once left without a smile on my face (Link)
- The team at the NHS North Bristol CFS/ME Clinic for there on going support (Link)
- For the friends who understand when I have to cancel at last minute, just text now and then to see how I am or to meet for a coffee
- My masseuse who I see once a month
- My therapist who I have been seeing throughout, who really helped me come to terms with my illness and accept I needed to slow things down
- Various online people/group who have offered there support and aided many of my queries
- Last but not least Toby Morrison and the whole of the inner circle group (Link)
So who is on your Team ME? I would love to know.