It has been a bit of a mission of mine to come up with some super tasty gluten free main meals that are both tasty and quick to make, as well as non gluten free people such as my partner not feeling like they are missing out on their beloved gluten.
This dish was a bit of an experiment and this is the third time that I made it and it do believe I have perfected it, this thai inspired dish is a bit of a mix between pad thai and chicken satay, made with rice noodles keeps both the GF tummys and Gluten eaters happy. The poached egg on top makes the a super yummy sauce when you crack open the yolk 🙂
Ingredients (2 People)
- 100g Rice noodle (Link)
- 200g Chicken breast or boneless thigh diced
- 2 Eggs (optional)
- 1 Red Bell or Sweet Pepper
- 1 Red onion
- 1 tbs Peanut Butter
- 25g unsalted peanuts (Can use salted ones and rise thoroughly in a sieve)
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce (Link)
- 1/2 tsp Thai Curry Paste (Link)
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Heat the oil in a wok and cook the chicken for a couple of minutes
- Chop the pepper, onions and peanuts then add to the chicken along with the peanut butter, curry paste and a good helping of soy sauce, and give a good stir.
- Whilst the above is cooking place the rice noodles in boiling water and cover for 5 minutes (off the heat)
- Poach the eggs – for me the best way to poach the is to have the water boiling on the hob, and the vinegar and stir vigorously then carefully tip the egg into the hole in the middle of the whirl pool, leave for around 3 minutes each and remove from water.
- Once the eggs are done drain the noodles and dish up, adding a little more soy sauce is required.