CFS/ME is a very real and debilitating and often life shattering chronic illness.
Some of my spoonie friends from the CFS Health Centre have created a number of projects to raise awareness of this horrible condition.
The first of which is a great project where several of us shared a pictures we had taken and what they meant to us.
Well the thing about CFS/ ME is it creeps into all aspects of your life and at times or always it is all consuming.
It is an invisible illness so how can it materialise in its sufferers? Well some of its familiar symptoms are :
- Fatigue& post-exertional malaise
- Muscular & joint pain
- Cognitive problems including poor short term memory, poor concentration, brain fog
- Stomach issues
- Sore throat
- Sleep issues: un-restful sleep & Insomnia
- Sensitivity to light/noise/alcohol
- Dizziness & balance problems.
This isn’t even an exhaustive list of symptoms!
The CFS Photo Gallery
If you liked this post you might enjoy these other ones too:
- Behind Perception- An exhibition challenging the perception of CFS/ME
- The Ugly Truth of Bad Day with CFS… But its ok!
- What activity management means to me in dealing with my CFS/ME
- Types of Pain
Or for a full catalogue of my CFS/ME related posts check out my CFS/ME Index