After I went gluten free I didn’t have to adapt my recipe much to make a GF version, this lovely simple recipe is full of fibre to keep you fuller for longer as well as being super moist. In an air tight tupperware container it can keep for up to around 6 days before starting to dry out. Recipe is easy to double up to make extra to freeze.
And an added bonus this banana bread is vegan, gluten and lactose free friendly!
ingredients 1 Banana Bread:
- 1 cup of gluten free self raising flour (I use doves)
- 1 cup Golden Caster sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 3 very ripe bananas ( See the bottom of the page a life hack to quickly ripen bananas)
- 50g of Pumpkin Seeds (Optional)
- Pre Heat the oven to 160°c & grease loaf pan with coconut oil
- Peel and mash-up the bananas, so that they form a mush
- Grind up the pumpkin seeds in a pestle and mortar
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until all smoothly combined.
- Pour into pre greased loaf tin, and cook for 1hr 10mins.
Life Hack: How to quickly ripen up bananas
How you do this will depend on how much time you have:
Days – Pop your bananas in a paper bag with an apple
Hours – Pop you bananas with their skins on in the oven 150°c for 45-60mins (they will be very black but don’t worry they will be lovely on the inside)
Minutes- Peal your bananas and cut into slices, pop into a microwavable bowl, and microwave them on a medium/high heat for a couple of minutes, until soft.