These have to be the best falafels I have every made! They take a little bit more time and care than my speedy falafels (link) but if you have the time and ingredients it is well worth it.
- 400g of chickpeas (1 can)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- Handful of corriander
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp gram flour (plus more for coating)
- Good amount of sunflower or vegetable oil
- Bring the chickpeas to the boil for around 5-10 minutes then rinse and drain
- Put all the ingredients bar the oil and gram flour into a food processor
- Stir in the table spoon of gram flour into the mix
- Make balls out of the mixture with your hands, about a large heaped tablespoon per ball
- Roll the balls individually in gram flour
- Heat up the oil in a saucepan (the smaller the saucepan the less oil you need)
- Carefully spoon the balls individually into pan, I would say a maximum of 5-6 per pan.
- Cook for around 3-5 minutes per side turn when the sides are golden brown. Repeat until all the balls are cooked.
These made up part of my Moroccan Feast, which included Tagine (Link), flat breads (link) & humus.
For more Gluten Free recipes check out my recipe index