I wanted to cook a special meal for wonderful partner that was a little bit different to what we usually had so I thought I would create us a little bit of paradise from our very home.
So our lovely feast consisted of:
- Beef Tagine
- Flat Bread
- Humus (Shop brought moroccan humus)
- Cumin yoghurt (Natural Yoghurt with a good helping of ground cumin mixed in)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ras-el-hanout
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500g beef, diced into 2cm pieces, excess fat trimmed
- 200g butternut squash, diced
- 200g soft dried apricots
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml beef stock
- zest 1 lemon
- small bunch coriander
- Heat oil and cook the onions for around 5 minutes (until they start to brown)
- Add the garlic and spices and cook for a couple mins more, stirring to prevent them burning.
- Add the beef and brown the meat
- Add squash & apricot to the pot
- Finally add the stock and tomatoes to the pot give it a good stir.
- The longer you cook the tagine the better, I used a slow cooker for around 5 hours and the meat just fell apart in our mouths. You could also cook in the oven for 60 minutes covered and then 30 minutes uncovered on 180°C.
If you liked this recipe you might like:
- 30 Minute Gluten Free (& DF) Meat Balls and Veggie Ragu
- Tasty 10 minute Gluten Free Thai Noodles
- GF Harissa Chicken& Quinoa Salad
- Vegan GF DF Chocolate & Honeycomb Terrine
Or to check out my full range of GF recipes check out my GF recipe index